Mr. Nishant Akshar is a Graduate in Music from the premier music institute of the country, Gandharava Mahavidyalya in New Delhi. Devoted to Indian Classical Music and trained professionally right from childhood, Nishant has gone on to win several awards and accolades along with performances at prestigious venues. He has also rendered vocal support for major music labels that includes Times Music and G Series.
Nishant began his professional carrier with opening for some of the great and legendary singers and musicians of the country and went on to perform on his own at several premier institutions as well as government sponsored festivals.
With an experience of over 20 years, Nishant has not only familiarized himself with most of the major Indian Classical Music traditions, in addition to a thorough knowledge of Indian music theory and proficiency over all the prominent ragas and mastery over classical based Ghazal singing.
Nishant is adept in imparting training in Indian Classical Music in accordance with the perennial needs of the student unlike employing the conventional methodology usually adopted in traditional styles (gharana).
- He is associated with All India Radio as a Light Music Artiste (Ghazal Category)
- Regularly accompanied in all dance productions as a classical vocalist in association with Guru Mayadhar Raut
- He has also released a ghazal album, Chup Kee Awaaz
- He has also released a ghazal album, Yeh Ishq Hai
- Delivered first concert billed as Shaam-e-Ghazal organized by Indian Medical Association (Delhi Branch)
- Delivered vocal support in three albums released by Times Music ( Shiv Namokar, Baawari Jogan and Shoonya) in association with Anandmurti Gurumaa
He has been bestowed with a wide applause from legendary musicians of our times.